An Awesome Summer in Store at Orlando, Florida's Holy Land Experience
ORLANDO, FLA. (June 17, 2013) — It is one of America's most unique, family-friendly vacation destinations, and this summer Orlando, Florida's Holy Land Experience is pulling out the stops to give visitors of all ages an experience that will last a lifetime. A project of the Trinity Broadcasting Network, America's most watched and requested faith and family television network, the Holy Land Experience transports guests back thousands of years to experience first-hand the sights, sounds, historical time frame — and impacting truths — of the Bible and First Century Jerusalem.
“Visiting Israel, Jerusalem, and the Holy Land is a lifetime dream of so many individuals,” said Mike Everett, general manager of the Holy Land Experience. “But time, finances, and other considerations prevent many folks from making the trip. We've created the beautiful Holy Land Experience to give individuals and families an affordable opportunity to experience the miracle of the Holy Land right here at home. And there's no better time than this summer to be our guests.”
From the moment guests enter the park’s rich panorama of landscape, architecture, and living scenes, they are immersed in a convincing depiction of ancient Jerusalem and Israel. Every exhibit, live program, and dramatization brings visitors face-to-face with the characters, customs, and relevance of Old and New Testament Scripture.
Among the vibrant displays that make the Bible come to life are:
– The City Gate stone arch, modeled after the Damascus Gate in Jerusalem, which leads to the Middle Eastern-themed Jerusalem marketplace complete with an authentic city well.
– The Dead Sea Qumran Caves, a re-creation of the mysterious place where many ancient Bible manuscripts were discovered. The caves contain a replica of the Upper Room in Jerusalem, where guests can participate in a Last Supper Communion with Jesus and His disciples.
– The Wilderness Tabernacle, the heart of worship for the children of Israel after their exodus from Egypt. In this awe-inspiring exhibit the “High Priest” takes guests on a journey through Israel’s ancient priesthood, culminating with a breathtaking depiction of God's glory revealed above the Ark of the Covenant.
– The Great Temple, the holy place held in highest reverence among the Jewish people. This is a truly breathtaking representation of the temple that once stood on hallowed Mount Moriah in First Century Jerusalem.
– Calvary's Garden Tomb, a convincing representation of the sacred place where Jesus was laid after His crucifixion — and from which He was gloriously resurrected after three days.
One of the favorite displays of guests at the Holy Land Experience is the world-renowned Scriptorium. A combination museum, library, and research center, the Scriptorium holds a collection of priceless manuscripts, scrolls, biblical antiquities, and artifacts that draws many students and scholars. The enlightening presentations that accompany the exhibits offer visitors a close-up view of biblical and church history.
Among the newest additions to the Holy Land Experience is the state-of-the-art, 2,000 seat Church of All Nations, where guests will experience life-impacting worship, along with dramatic presentations like Behold the Lamb, the powerful reenactment of the passion and crucifixion of Jesus, and We Shall Behold Him, the glorious depiction of His resurrection and ascension to heaven. They might even participate in a live broadcast of TBN’s award-winning signature program Praise the Lord.
There is also the exquisite Christus Gardens, that features a rare and beautiful art collection of antique figures depicting the life of Christ. A number of guests have testified to miraculous healings as they basked in the quiet solitude of the garden.
And don't forget the Smile of a Child Adventure Land, where kids can burn up energy on the totally safe rock-climbing walls and bouncy houses, have their faces painted, and join in kid-style worship and fun!
These and many other features at Holy Land Experience make it a life-changing destination for the many individuals, families, and church groups who visit every year. One recent guest from Virginia called Holy Land Experience “the most beautiful place I’ve ever seen!” Another called her visit “an experience that could not be expressed by words.” A guest from New York called the Holy Land Experience a “powerful and awesome tool to inspire, convict, and educate.” And a group all the way from Malaysia commented: “We feel like we entered a glimpse of heaven, and it made us feel closer to Him.”
Each year Florida's beaches, theme parks, and other vacation destinations draw an estimated 75 million people, but no where throughout Florida — or across America — is there anything like the one-of-a-kind wonder that visitors will experience at the Holy Land Experience. Earlier this year the park won About.com's coveted Reader's Choice Award for the nation's best theme park holiday event — one of the many recognitions the Holy Land Experience has received over the years.
Mike Everett said that he and the rest of the park's team are anticipating a life-changing time for the many thousands of guests who will visit the Holy Land Experience over the next several months. “Seeing lives changed and people inspired is why we exist,” he said, “and we're excited to see how God moves.”
Colby May, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel: 972-313-9500
Recent announcements | Announcements Archive