Trinity Broadcasting Network and Canada's Miracle Channel Announce Major Programming Partnership
LOS ANGELES (July 8, 2013) — Trinity Broadcasting Network, America's most-watched faith channel, and the Miracle Channel, Canada's premier Christian television network, have announced a major partnership agreement that will allow the two broadcasters to share their most popular programs as well as collaborate on an innovative new weekly Christian show.
Since its launch in 1973 as a low-power station in Southern California, TBN has grown into a family of 24 networks reaching every inhabited continent with faith and family programming for the whole family. Similarly, since its founding in 1996, the Miracle Channel has exploded in popularity, now reaching 4.5 million households across Canada with a wide variety of life-changing ministry programs, talk shows, music, movies, news from Canada, and live programming.
“Forty years ago TBN founders Paul and Jan Crouch began blazing a trail for the contemporary Christian television that is now impacting the lives of untold millions of individuals and families around the world,” said Leon Fontaine, CEO of the Miracle Channel. “Here at the Miracle Channel we're excited about this new partnership that will combine the best programming innovations from both networks and introduce millions of new viewers to life-giving TV.”
Both TBN and the Miracle Channel produce their own award-winning programs that have been viewer favorites over the years, and network officials said these shows will form the foundation of the shared content. Among the highlights of the new broadcast partnership:
– The Miracle Channel will air TBN's signature music and ministry program Praise the Lord five days a week, with Leon Fontaine serving as a frequent Praise the Lord host. There are also plans for the show to be produced live from Canada at least four times a year.
– The Miracle Channel will also air TBN's long-running daily Behind the Scenes update five days a week, providing regular segments to keep viewers informed on what is happening in Canada's Christian community.
– TBN will air one of the Miracle Channel's most popular weekly ministry program, featuring the dynamic teaching of Leon Fontaine. The program originates from Canada's multi-campus Springs Church, pastored by Leon and his wife Sally.
– TBN's Church Channel network will also host Mr. Fontaine's 30-minute daily Leon Show, a talk program that explores relevant topics and spiritual issues with well-known Christian leaders and guests.
– In addition to these program partnerships, there are plans for TBN and the Miracle Channel to collaborate on a new weekly Christian show that is being described as “Spirit Contemporary” in tone — combining the life-changing full Gospel message with a keen sensitivity to viewers who may be unfamiliar with the Christian faith.
TBN Vice President Matthew Crouch said that the new relationship with the Miracle Channel is part of the U.S. network's strategic plan to work with the best in ministry and broadcast entities to take the message of the Gospel to every corner of the earth. “Leon Fontaine and the Miracle Channel have a solid reputation for broadcasting the Gospel without compromise,” said Mr. Crouch. “We are proud to be partnering with them in what we think will be a very fruitful and long-term relationship for God's kingdom.”
Colby May, E-Mail: email@example.com; Tel: 972-313-9500
Recent announcements | Announcements Archive