Secretary/Production Coordinator - Full Time
Jul 18, 2014
Excellent communication, writing skills and organizational skills, an eye for detail. Must be able to multi-task. Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability to learn new technologies is required. Responsibilities include preparing reports, assisting manager with guests, coordinating community events, accounting, ordering supplies, telephone and front door reception, and other general clerical duties. Television production experience a plus but not required. Will be cross trained to assist in productions. We are seeking someone who is detail oriented, flexible, and has strong people skills.
La Salle, IL - Station Job Opening
Chief Engineer (Chief Operator) - Full Time
Jun 4, 2014
- Reports directly to the Station Manager and is evaluated by the manager in terms of general employee performance.
- Cooperates with and is evaluated by the Network Vice President, Engineering in the area of performance of technical skills, good engineering practice and compliance with corporate and FCC technical policies.
- Responsible for maintaining compliance with pertinent FCC Rules as regarding posting or keeping station technical files, records, logs, licenses, permits, authorizations or other required documents. In particular, the weekly performance of the Chief Operator Log Review of the Station Log as specified in Part 73.1870 (c) (3).
- Responsible for monitoring all transmission facilities to determine compliance with Parts 17, 73 and 74 of the FCC Rules and performing, or supervising the performance of any and all corrective actions and repairs to maintain compliance with the rules, company policy and good engineering practice.
- Responsible for maintaining and keeping in proper working order all transmission and studio, and various other electrical/mechanical equipment found at television stations.
- Responsible to fulfill all duties required of a departmental head.
- Oversee the training of all transmitter operations personnel to a skill level which renders those personnel knowledgeable and capable of performing their duties in compliance with FCC Rules and company policies prior to assuming responsibility in that capacity.
- Oversee the training of all non transmitter operations personnel to a skill level required for the position by the station and good engineering practice.
- Responsible for providing personal support in whatever capacity is required to assist in successful production of television programs and to assist Station Manager to help meet the needs of the station.
- Responsible for maintaining 24 hour "on call" liaison with station personnel, and available during those time to render emergency assistance. Otherwise, responsible for designating a competent alternate person as a back up during illness, vacation and other approved absences.
- Responsible for efficient effective scheduling and management of all engineering department personnel, including but not limited to participating in hiring and dismissal decisions and disciplinary actions.
- Responsible for the purchase of all capital and non capital items necessary for proper operation of the facility under direct supervision and cooperation of the Station Manager (and in some cases the Network Vice President of Engineering) at the lowest possible cost to the station.
- Working knowledge of general electronic theory
- Computer literacy and systems familiarity
- Analog and digital component level trouble shooting skills as applied to television transmitters, microwave systems, satellite receive systems, studio, electrical, mechanical and other equipment used in television broadcast stations.
- Knowledge of all FCC Rules pertinent to television broadcast technical requirements as found in Parts 17, 73 and 74.
- Supervisory skills sufficient to properly and efficiently train, schedule and manage a technical staff.
- Organizational skills sufficient for timely filing of required company reports, FCC reporting and logging requirements, scheduling of preventative maintenance and general coverage of required activities of the engineering department.
- Previous experience as chief engineer or technical supervisor at a television broadcast station is preferred.v
- Must be able to travel, bend, lift and carry up to a maximum of 70 pounds, climb on step-stools, ladders and other necessary equipment.
Education and Certifications
- High school diploma for equivalent
- Two or more years of college level electronics curricula or bona fide electronics school/military equivalent.
- Valid FCC radio operator permit.
- Society of Broadcast Engineers certification preferred.
- Valid Drivers license