The Director of Marketing crafts, leads and delivers marketing strategies for the cornerstone brands of TBN Networks. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the person in this role is a key partner in forming marketing and business plans and strategies to grow awareness and the reach of our brands and accomplish ministry objectives. The Director of Marketing leads the team responsible for promotions, brand building marketing strategies, supports initiatives in video, social media and digital platforms, new product and show launches, and general marketing functions for all programs and services within the ministry. This role executes multiple high impact initiatives simultaneously to deliver on overall ministry goals.
- Proactively influence our culture, leading by example in demonstrating collaboration, empowerment, innovation, creativity and service, while being a faithful witness on and off the job of TBN’s mission to create compelling media that inspires and encourages our viewers to have a meaningful relationship with Christ and share the gospel message to the world.
- As a member of leadership, contribute to long term planning and vision implementation through identification of strategic marketing initiatives, collaboration, prioritization, communication, and evaluation of results.
- Engage senior leadership on marketing issues, trends, and proposals for strategic initiatives and delivery.
- Lead the Marketing team in our efforts to expand TBN and reach new audiences.
- Collaborate closely with Programming, Donor Engagement, Digital Platforms, Ad Sales, Communications, Distribution as well as other departments.
- Oversee strategic planning and implementation for marketing, branding, promotions, events, and key aspects of donations, with a focus on goals, timelines, budgets, communication, results tracking, and celebration.
- Assess marketing performance against both annual goals and plans.
- Provide strategic recommendations based on operational analysis, research projections, cost identification, allocation, and resource analysis.
- Ensure tools and systems are in place to provide critical operational and project information to the TBN leadership. Make actionable recommendations on both strategic goals and operational constraints.
- Provide leadership for the marketing function and team, ensuring ministry wide collaboration and communication, facilitating the appropriate resolution of issues and competing priorities. Ensure alignment of marketing initiatives within objectives of the ministry.
How you will contribute:
- Provides strategic direction for the development and execution of marketing campaigns, communications, goals, and key aspects of donation activities.
- Oversee day-to-day marketing and branding activities which may include negotiation of agreements, planning and administration of the Marketing budget.
- Develop and/or provide support with promotional materials; marketing databases such as email, social media, broadcast, and direct mail; lead and manage direct marketing, public relations, online digital marketing, paid advertising, and event marketing efforts.
- In partnership with Programming, dig into available research, deepen understanding of TBN target audience to achieve excellent brand connection and execution and grow overall reach.
- In partnership with Digital Platforms; evaluate available research, launch new research, deepen understanding of potential target audience of our streaming offerings to ascertain what should be launched to achieve excellent brand connection, engagement and grow overall reach. Strategically position web and digital assets to carry the message and vision of the brands.
- Measure and evaluate marketing effectiveness utilizing benchmarks and market analysis research. Translate and work with Information Systems on data captured from research, ratings, etc.
- Optimize opportunities through web content and relevancy expanding the TBN footprint in digital media through paid advertising.
- Grow and lead the efforts of digital marketing footprint through search engine optimization.
- Manage campaign budgets and campaign strategy recommendations for partners and internal stakeholders.
- Oversee brand advocacy, growth plans, and optimal data-driven solutions for the best optimal campaign.
- Work closely with Donor Communications through lead generation growth to support donor development strategy through traditional and digital marketing.
- Influence digital marketing efforts using best practices per targeted campaign efforts by types of landing pages.
- Effectiveness will be measured in various ways including key KPIs, Marketing and Promotional Calendars that are balanced and hit the target audiences of TBN Networks
Experience you will need:
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in Marketing. Track record of success in major markets, television experience or agency experience strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Management / Leadership. Leadership experience in the Christian television industry preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with digital marketing and a command of SEO, SEM strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to connect and impact target audiences.
- Experience in strategic planning, setting, and meeting/exceeding goals and objectives (including revenue goals).
- Experience in donor development including planning and implementing donor relations programs, events, and communications a plus.
- Donor Direct experience and HubSpot knowledge is important. Must possess technical knowledge and proficiency with market research data analysis. Website knowledge and CMS knowledge is a plus.
- Project management experience with a proven ability to plan, organize, lead and direct projects.
- Detail-oriented with creative problem-solving skills.
- Possess a high level of integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, establishing and meeting performance/ministry goals.
- A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality. Needs to be a team player and work cohesively with other departments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop sincere business/ministry relationships.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to the social sector with a passion for our mission and values.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, Public Relations, or combination of education/training with relevant experience.