TBN has a unique and exciting opportunity for a full-time lighting director at our Dallas/Fort Worth studios. We are looking for an experienced individual that knows the gear but can also build teams for various productions. We are in the middle of a transition from an older studio facility to a new completely state-of-the-art massive studio complex that this person will have the privilege of being a part of the planning and execution for.
In the 50-year history of TBN, this is the most exciting time to be a part of this organization and something very special.
- Experience working in a live multi-camera studio broadcast environment including multiple “styles” such as news, single talking head, multiple people discussion, and music.
- Requires someone with both creative and technical skill-sets.
- Experience working in single-camera field environment.
- Work with established network-wide looks and create new looks.
- Flexible to work random schedules including some weekends.
- Create a team atmosphere.
- Work professionally and discreet around high profile on camera executives and guests.
- Take lead from the Network LD and Production Manager while also being self-motivated and take ownership of job and lighting department.
- Manage freelancers and multiple shows at same time.
- Proficient with GrandMA lighting boards (programming and operating).
- Knowledge of network-based lighting control including switches, hubs, nodes, etc.
- Operate and program LED static and moving fixtures.
- Experience in wide range of fixtures; fresnels, ellipsoidals, soft lights, cyc wash, moving lights, variable color temperatures and colors.
- Ability to provide direction on lighting equipment purchases for expansion studio projects.