Req ID 1388
Responsible for the weekly content creation and execution (including show formats, scripts, research, and bios) necessary to successfully produce and deliver the “Huckabee” show for the Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN) from Hendersonville/Nashville Tennessee studios.
The Line Producer is the glue for the Huckabee team and is the chief communicator who effectively assigns the tasks and activities necessary to produce the program each week.
- Works under the Vice President of Production and the Huckabee show producer.
- Coordinates all aspects of each week’s live-to-record episode
- Assigns segment leaders, scripting, research, editing, graphics, and other needs
- Writes, reviews, and edits or assigns scripts for the program to fit the “voice” of the host and/or announcer
- Reviews and approves all scripts before prompter rehearsal on the day of the show
- Coordinates with director and editors to manage the day to day pre-production needs of the program ensuring that elements are ready well in advance of showtime
- In cooperation with the show producer-Develops and maintains weekly timetables and workflows for the entire producing and production team
- Works closely with director and production office to ensure that all departments (Control room, audio, lighting, stage, band, facilities, audience) are properly informed of the production schedules and adhered to.
- Works closely with the production team, host, and guests to ensure smooth flow during production.
- Works on the stage or in the control room, in conjunction with the stage managers and in contact with the director and show producer, during the recording to ensure that the host and guests are prepared and in place for their segments.
- Involved in management of the weekly and annual show budget and expenditures.
- Oversees the hospitality and audience coordination teams to ensure that all preparations and room assignments are made for guests.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated 5+ years of network-level producing/writing
- Prior extensive experience with live or live to record programming
- Understands the production and post-production processes and able to make relevant decisions based on the resources of the facilities and/or staff
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to create content that is or will be popular with the Huckabee viewers based on audience research and response
- Works closely with the host and show producer of the program to implement their vision or preferences for each program
- Demonstrated experience as a team leader with high EQ (Emotional Intelligence)
- Creative and excellent scriptwriting skills
- Able to write in the “voice” of the host
- Able to conduct occasional interviews when needed
- Ability to conceive, outline, plan, crew, write and assemble segments for a variety style program
- The ideal candidate has extensive contacts within the music and entertainment industries
- Able to assess unexpected situations quickly and implement a viable or alternative plan of action.
- Experience with conceptualizing graphics (with editors and/or graphic designers)
- Willing to be flexible with your personal schedule to obtain or create the best possible content for the program
- A good understanding of the Christian community and sensitivity to content that may not be appropriate for the TBN audience