Req ID 1404
- Operate lift trucks (sit-down LP) and hand trucks to convey, move or hoist materials to proper warehouse or areas.
- Assistant to operate a mail inserter machine.
- Inspects and verifies incoming goods against invoices or other documents, records shortages, and rejects damaged goods.
- Receive and scan packages through an X-Ray Machine for Security purposes.
- Log and deliver all mail/packages received throughout the day.
- Organizes distribution and shipping of merchandise. Makes necessary verifications against documents, unpacks, and routes goods to appropriate storage areas. Handles customer pick-ups.
- Maintains internal record-keeping systems.
- Assembles containers and crates, packs goods to be shipped, and prepares identifying information and shipping instructions.0
- Contacts resource people for various information. Contacts transport companies and suppliers to expedite, trace or return merchandise that does not conform to specifications or purchase orders.
- File SLI (Shipper’s Letter of Instructions), CI (Commercial Invoice), or any other required documents/forms for exportation of goods.
- Takes inventory, maintains storage area, organizes and places stock on shelves. Ensures the area is secure at all times.
- Drive to refill vehicle(s) with fuel and other errands, as needed.
Applicant must be/have
- Good communications skills.
- Be able to lift heavy packages continuously.
- Detail-oriented and well-organized.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work under pressure and able to multitask.
- Have a California Driver’s License and a good driving record.
- Have experience with all major carriers shipping software. i.e., Federal Express, UPS, USPS.
- Have experience shipping freight shipments, domestic and foreign.