We are seeking a highly skilled Colorist. Your main responsibility will be to attend to the post-production needs of network TV programming —project preparation, transcoding, synchronization, conforming, and color correction and grading. Apply the knowledge of image retouching, add visual effects, color grade, identify problems, offer technical-artistic solutions, and export the final content in defined formats. Ensure the nomenclature and location of materials in published projects, hard drives, server, backup, etc. You will work with a variety of HD and 4K camera content in many different codecs and color spaces, including RAW and LOG.
You will be an important part of TBN’s post-production department in Tustin, CA.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Highly proficient in coloring programs like Premiere Pro Lumetri and DaVinci Resolve
- You have a minimum of 3 years of experience in post-production roles
- Professional knowledge of the Adobe CC Suite
- Knowledge of export formats, proxies, color spaces, generation, and application of LUTs, data depth, disk storage calculation, nomenclatures, media management, archiving, and project recovery.
- Knowledge of color theory, formats, dimensions, and metadata, conforming, grading, and editing with professional knowledge of Premiere Pro
- Technical knowledge of working with RAW and LOG camera files, applying LUTs for Rec.709 delivery
- Proven experience in color correcting and grading, takes footage and makes it look like a cohesive piece.
- Ability to fix poorly shot video, re-light scenes in post, motion-track masks, color-keying, de-noise video, object removal
- Ability to read scripts/storyboards to understand coloring requirements.
- Passionate about creative content production, with a strong sense of visual storytelling and coloring style.
- Expert time and project management skills to handle multiple assignments and complete complex jobs under deadline pressure
- Highly detail-oriented — checks all work closely before submitting.
- Able to follow a brief and work on their own initiative.
- Ability to work both as a part of the team and independently.
- Artistic educational background and a diploma/degree in the arts and/or in filmmaking are preferred.
It is a plus
- Experience with DaVinci Fusion and After Effects
- Knowledge of workflows in the DaVinci collaborative environment.