Position: Administrative Assistant
Program: “Better Together”
Location: Position can be based in Tustin, Dallas, or Nashville areas
Reports to: Senior Producer
This position will provide full administrative support for the ‘Better Together' program team. Primary responsibilities will be assisting the Senior Producer in performing all administrative functions necessary for her position, in addition to maintaining team calendars, contact databases, production schedules, expense/budget reporting, in addition to assisting with guest correspondence and care as needed.
- Assist the Senior Producer in coordinating team schedules, creating and distributing production materials, taking meeting notes, following up on key “to do” items, scheduling appointments, making team travel arrangements, reviewing viewer correspondence, and handling phone calls
- Maintain team production schedules, calendars, and contact databases
- Manage administrative document flow, including creating and maintaining files for items such as legal contracts, release forms, and receipts
- Process purchase orders, invoices, new vendor forms, and expense reports
- Update program and departmental budgets
- Assist with research and create guest/topical briefs as requested
- Assist with guest correspondence, care, and travel coordination as requested
- Proof-read scripts and other materials on behalf of Senior Producer
- Perform other administrative and production support duties and errands as assigned
Skills & Experience
- At least 2 years of experience as an administrative assistant or in a related field (e.g., Personal Assistant, Event Coordination, Travel/ Hospitality, Talent Management) is preferred
- 6 months to 1-year of experience working in a production office, on set or post-production environment preferred. General knowledge of production and post-production workflows is helpful.
- Mac office environment - expert proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint/Keynote, and Adobe Acrobat required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Sharepoint, Dropbox, and Google Docs required
- Must be a flexible team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment where needs and priorities are subject to much revision
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, especially the ability to write in a clear, concise, professional manner
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and complete jobs under deadline pressure
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and communicate in a courteous and professional manner with diverse personalities and all levels of management while maintaining the highest standards of confidentiality
- BA/BS in a related field of study or equivalent experience is preferred
- Candidates must provide 2 professional references in addition to a personal and spiritual reference.
- Candidates will be required to complete a proofreading skills assessment during the interview process.