Req ID 1410
TBN Live Daily Show - Senior Producer
Responsible for overseeing all aspects of creating a LIVE, daily, national, information/world events/Christian perspective broadcast for Trinity Broadcasting Network.
The Senior Producer, in conjunction with the host, director, and Network Production and Programming departments, will set the creative vision for the program and lead a team that can successfully execute this vision and production at our Fort Worth facility.
Responsible for vision casting, leading a team, and constantly pushing to find new ways to keep the program relevant and competitive in the broadcast industry.
Work with show staff to create new segment ideas and create new ways to engage broadcast and digital viewers.
Duties include but not limited to
- Building and manage show production team of producers, coordinators, and technical staff.
- Work on both long-range and immediate show planning and production.
- Have a strong understanding of current events, religious and political landscapes, and leaders. Understand the political calendar and current events and be able to make quick decisions when stories break.
- Write script segments, assign elements to staff writers, and make final edits to the script.
- Drive content and coordinate overall program and features.
- Plan for and determine final content concerning writing, editing, graphics, and other show materials.
- Ensure that all released content adheres to network standards and practices.
- Understand network policy and work with staff across the network for various needs, including legal, rights and clearances, programming, etc.
- Oversee both broadcast and digital assets.
- Evaluate and make recommendations regarding the show website.
- Coordinate graphics, talent, on-air guests, and host.
- Develop and manage show budget.
- Evaluate rating trends and develop strategies for growing market share for broadcast and digital assets.
- Respond to viewer inquiries and concerns as needed.
- Coordinate with bookers on securing guests and the scheduling of these guests to create maximum programming impact.
- Create daily show rundown and conduct weekly show meeting/s with the production team.
- Coordinate with Engineering and Production staff on capital equipment needs and budget accordingly.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated 7+ years of network-level producing/writing
- Prior extensive experience with live programming
- Understands the production and post-production processes and able to make relevant decisions based on the resources of the facilities and/or staff
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to assess situations and negotiate solutions that are in the best interest of the program and network
- Ability to lead the creation of content that will be popular with the TBN viewers based on audience research and response
- Work closely with the host and administrative staff to implement their vision or preferences for each program.
- Demonstrated experience as a team leader and motivator with high EQ (Emotional Intelligence)
- Creative and excellent scriptwriting skills
- Able to write in the “voice” of the host
- Willing to be flexible with a personal schedule to obtain or create the best possible content for the program
- A good understanding of the Christian community and sensitivity to content that may not be appropriate for the TBN audience