Req ID 1416
TBN has a unique opportunity for a highly skilled, experienced individual to join our team in the launch and continuing operation of a new daily live program focused on offering perspectives on daily events, which will be anchored from our new studios in Fort Worth, Texas.
The individual who lands this position must have a love for this work, be very passionate about the content, and have the ability to rally people together to accomplish amazing things. If you are looking to be a part of something special, this is for you. However, if you are looking for a way to knock out your 40 hours and get a check, do not apply for this position. This will be a challenging job.
The Director/Technical Director will work with the staff in the control room, engineering staff, producers, and on-set hosts and guests before, during, and after productions. Work will be performed in a fast-paced environment for TBN’s new daily current events live production and additional programs or events, as assigned.
The Director must prepare carefully to provide crew members with accurate instructions and directions. The Director/Technical Director will be responsible for preparing and switching video elements during live and pre-recorded productions while ensuring all content meets TBN’s high-quality standards.
- Proficient operation of all broadcast equipment and technology within assigned operating areas, including but not limited to Technical Directing functions (e.g., operating video switchers, implementing sources, creating displays, interfacing with external devices, creating user and suite preferences).
- Building and maintaining effects for various productions, providing associated communication and documentation to the entire Technical Directing team.
- Demonstrating solid knowledge of plant signal flow/routing.
- Measuring video signals to ensure quality control of TBN endorsed standards on all operations using comprehensive knowledge of broadcast methods.
- Performing proficiently under strict timelines and/or live conditions.
- Understanding complex information and disseminating it to proper personnel clearly and concisely.
- Knowledge of specific workflows for identifying and resolving operational errors and equipment failures.
- Expected to file reports, as necessary, on specific working conditions, equipment status, and personal development at the request of management.
- Prioritizing and disseminating information among the entire control room crew to ensure seamless productions.
- Participating in special event coverage and projects as necessary.
- May train others in operational areas and, if so, required to generate training documentation.
- Participation in required administrative tasks includes the effective utilization of all TBN software-based applications (such as time entry, travel, and expense filing) and daily shift reporting.
- Embrace company initiatives, including town and/or departmental meetings, upward feedback, performance management applications, and employee surveys. Encourage others to do the same.
- Problem-solving, troubleshooting, and effective communication to best convey any issues needing resolution.
- Seeking out information regarding the workflow of other business units, including their impact and/or specific integration with Production and Operations, while utilizing that information to enhance processes and/or educate others.
- Participation in training programs (physical, classroom, virtual, etc.) for self-career development and/or any relevant equipment and workflow changes within the operation.
- Supporting TBN Domestic stations and networks, as well as all TBN International networks.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Flexibility to alter shifts/days off and work overtime to accommodate projects and departmental objectives.
- Must demonstrate the ability to perform tasks under tight deadlines, work independently and participate in simultaneous projects.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills are a necessity.
- Organizational, efficiency and planning skills are required.
- Ability to work as a part of a team dynamic.
- Must be willing and able to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
- Candidates must have good computer background (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc...) and strong communication skills.
- Minimum of 5 years practical TV Production or related experience in a large market, network-level, or complex broadcasting environment.
- Proficient knowledge of all TV Production equipment and technology within assigned operating areas, including but not limited to Video production switchers, server-based recording/playback systems and related control devices, TV Production routers, intercom systems, signal conversion equipment, etc.
- Experience in a complex live production control room environment.
- Familiarity with production control room automation systems. Candidates must have a strong computer background (Outlook, ENPS, Octopus (or equivalent), Word, Excel, etc...), including experience with computer network signal flow.
- Knowledge of Grass Valley switchers a plus
- Production coordination and management skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or Technical School degree in communications, electronics, television production, or related field.