Trinity Broadcasting Network, the world’s largest Christian television network, is looking for a Line Producer.
Responsible for the weekly content creation and execution (including show formats, scripts, research, and other duties as assigned by Senior Producer related to weekly show preparation) necessary to successfully produce and deliver the “Huckabee” show for the Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN) from the Hendersonville/Nashville, Tennessee studios.
The Line Producer is the glue for the Huckabee team and is the chief communicator who effectively assigns the tasks and activities necessary to successfully produce the program each week.
Duties and Tasks:
- Coordinates all aspects of each week’s live-to-record episode
- Assigns segment leaders, scripting, research, editing, graphics, and other needs
- Writes, reviews and edits and/or assigns scripts for the program to fit the “voice” of the host and/or announcer
- Reviews and approves all scripts prior to prompter rehearsal on day of show
- Coordinates with director and editors to manage the day to day pre-production needs of the program ensuring that elements are ready well in advance of show time
- In cooperation with the Senior Producer-develops and maintains weekly timetables and workflows for the entire producing and production team
- Works closely with director and production office to ensure that all departments (Control room, audio, lighting, stage, band, facilities, audience) are properly informed regarding guests and visuals needed so Production can provide appropriate oversight to meet show day deadlines, including communication/all information re: early segment taping/inbounds, etc.
- Works closely with production team, host, and guests to ensure smooth flow during show production
- Works on the stage or in the control room, in conjunction with the stage managers, along with the director and show senior producer, during the recording to ensure that the host and guests are prepared for all planned segments
- Involved in management of the weekly and annual show budget and expenditures.
- Post-show responsibilities include oversight of branded promos and support for specific online Huckabee show features
- Other duties, as assigned
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrated 4+ years of network level writing/coordinating/producing
- Prior experience with live or live to recorded programming
- Understands the production and post-production processes and able to make relevant decisions based on the resources of the facilities and/or staff
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to create content that is or will be popular with the Huckabee viewers based on audience research and response
- Works closely with the host and Senior Producer of the program to implement their vision or preferences for each program
- Demonstrated experience as a team leader with high EQ (Emotional Intelligence)
- Creative and excellent script writing skills
- Able to write in the “voice” of the host
- Able to conduct occasional interviews, when needed
- Ability to conceive, outline, plan, crew, write and assemble segments for a variety style program
- Able to assess unexpected situations quickly and implement a viable or alternative plan of action
- Experience with conceptualizing graphics (with editors and/or graphic designers)
- Willing to be flexible with personal schedule to obtain or create the best possible content for the program
- A good understanding of the Christian community and sensitive to content that may not be appropriate for the TBN audience