- Work with IT staff to implement new computer systems and to facilitate new software bundles
- Train staff on new technologies
- Proactively troubleshoot the technical broadcast operations and needs and act as lead to ensure all software, hardware and other production equipment and support is up to date
- Minimizes service interruptions at times of equipment and/or system failure by rapidly identifying and implementing solutions
- Work with management to build out quotes for needed equipment and studio upgrades & maintain relationships with vendors ensuring studio space remains safe
- This is a salaried position with a potentially changing schedule as needs arise.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Digital or Broadcast/TV production, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with broadcast engineering capacity, including setting up live TV broadcast, news, or live in arena events and production.
- SBE certification is desired, but not required.
- Familiar with ad insertion (SCTE 104, SCTE 35)
- Familiar with IP based transmission and streaming protocols
- Problem solver with a degree of independence, but also as an open and complete communicator
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment and meet changing deadlines & directions on multiple projects
- Strong time management skills and attention to detail
- Positive attitude and desire to work in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Lifting, pulling or pushing items over 40 lbs.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time
- Valid Driver’s License
- Able to pass a background check
- Responsible to fulfill all duties required of a departmental head.
- Responsible for providing personal support in whatever capacity is required to assist management to help meet the needs of the production facility and the company as a whole.
- Responsible for maintaining 24‑hour "on‑call" liaison with company personnel, and available during those times to render emergency assistance. Otherwise, responsible for designating a competent alternate person as a back‑up during illness, vacation, and other approved absences.
- Responsible for efficient effective communication with engineering department personnel, including but not limited to participating in weekly meetings scheduled by management. Maintaining cordial and professional interpersonal relationships with department personnel and co-workers.
- Responsible for the requesting of all capital and non‑capital items necessary for proper operation of the facility under direct supervision and cooperation of management (and in some cases the Network Senior Vice President of Engineering) at the lowest possible cost to the facility.
- Reports directly to the Network Senior Vice President of Engineering and has accountability to the Senior Network Engineer.
- Cooperates with and is evaluated by management in the area of performance of technical skills, good engineering practice, and compliance with corporate and FCC technical policies as well as general employee performance and conduct as a staff member.