We are looking for a Production Engineer who will play an integral part in expanding and enhancing our Production Facility. In this position, you will work alongside the entire production team to produce daily live shows, virtual live events, pre-produced content, and more. This role requires a strong multi-tasker with good attention to detail and superb communication skills. They must also have a strong desire to continuously improve their skill set and all the necessary technical skills as well as a willingness to adapt to the needs of the live show.
- Working knowledge of general electronic theory.
- Computer literacy and systems familiarity.
- Install, maintain and repair broadcast production equipment
- Apply preventative maintenance on a regular basis for production technical equipment
- Analyze existing workflows, identify processes that can be streamlined or improved upon with new hardware, software, or automation
- Work with IT staff to implement new computer systems and to facilitate new software bundles
- Train staff on new technologies
- Proactively troubleshoot the technical broadcast operations and needs and act as lead to ensure all software, hardware and other production equipment and support is up to date
- Minimizes service interruptions at times of equipment and/or system failure by rapidly identifying and implementing solutions
- Work with supervisor to build out quotes for needed equipment and studio upgrades & maintain relationships with vendors
- Ensuring studio space remains safe
- This is a salaried position
Education and Experience
- Associate’s Degree in Digital or Broadcast/TV production, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with broadcast engineering capacity, including set up live TV broadcast, news, or live in-arena events and production.
- Familiar with computer networking infrastructure and PC operating systems
- Familiar with IP based transmission and streaming protocols
- Problem solver with a degree of independence
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment and meet changing deadlines & directions on multiple projects
- Strong time management skills and attention to detail
- Positive attitude and desire to work in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Lifting, pulling, or pushing items over 40 lbs.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time
- Valid Driver’s License
- Able to pass a background check
- Responsible to fulfill all duties required of a key department member.
- Responsible for providing personal support in whatever capacity is required to assist management to help meet the needs of the production facility and the company as a whole.
- Responsible for maintaining 24‑hour "on‑call" liaison with company personnel, and available during those times to render emergency assistance. Otherwise, responsible for designating a competent alternate person as a back‑up during illness, vacation and other approved absences.
- Responsible for efficient effective communication with engineering department personnel, including but not limited to participating in weekly meetings scheduled by supervisor. Maintaining of cordial and professional interpersonal relationships with department personnel and co-workers.
- Reports directly to the Network Senior Vice President of Engineering and has accountability to the Senior Network Engineer.
- Cooperates with and is evaluated by management in the area of performance of technical skills, good engineering practice and compliance with corporate and FCC technical policies as well as general employee performance and conduct as a staff member.