The individual who lands this position must have a love for this work, be very passionate about the content, and have the ability to rally people together to accomplish amazing things. If you are looking to be a part of something special, this is for you. However, if you are looking to knock out your 40 hours and get a check, do not apply for this position. This will be a challenging job. As assigned, work will be performed in a fast-paced environment for TBN's new daily events, live production, and additional programs or events.
The Guest Coordinator must work with the Senior team and other daily live show staff to find and secure guests for our daily live show for the Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN), which will be based initially from our Irving, TX-based studios and then from our new studios in Fort Worth, Texas. The Guest Coordinator will work closely with production teams to advise on and secure appropriate interviewees and prepare pre-interview and background briefings for producers and hosts. The Guest Coordinator will always be building relationships with publicists and communications directors and securing interviews for broadcast. In addition, the Guest Coordinator will be responsible for conducting research, pre-interviews, connecting facilities for remote interviews when needed. The Guest Coordinator communicates with hosts, senior producers, producers, and the studio to prep the team for the guest.
Duties and Tasks
- Work closely with our daily Live show producers in terms of all guest-booking-related responsibilities.
- Once a guest is confirmed, work closely with the producing and production teams to coordinate live guests' experiences on the daily live show.
- Acquire necessary media to enhance the guest's on-air segment visually, as well as used for promotional purposes (Uses file-sharing programs for uploading, in advance, these clips and photos for use by show editor)
- Securing appropriate guest paperwork, including release forms, reimbursements, invoicing, etc. as well as fulfilling guest specifications
- Liaison with guest bookers to ensure complete coverage of live guests' needs
- Key contact with host's travel agent to secure and adjust the travel, preparing itinerary, etc.
- Preproduction: coordinates and leads all pre-production calls with upcoming on-air guests. Takes detailed notes and distributes the information to producers and production team members
- Day of show: Coordinates show day schedule, hosts talent/guests during their time on campus, makes green room assignments, first to greet guest(s) upon arrival, coordinates appropriate dressing room space, secures transportation to/from the hotel, and other show day duties as assigned.
- Manage daily deadline turnarounds of a live show
- Other duties as assigned by Senior Producer and Line Producer
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Flexibility to alter shifts/days off and work overtime to accommodate projects and departmental objectives.
- Must demonstrate the ability to perform tasks under tight deadlines, work independently and participate in simultaneous projects.
- Strong ability to work in a high-stress, fast-paced daily TV environment while maintaining production standards and efficiencies
- Research skills are essential to this position.
- Expert time and project management skills to handle multiple assignments and complete complex jobs under deadline pressure
- Strong interpersonal communication skills are a necessity
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build positive working relationships with staff and show guests, especially VIP's
- Organizational, efficiency and planning skills are required
- Ability to work as a part of a team dynamic
- Must be willing and able to adapt to a constantly changing environment, especially during breaking news
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Demonstrate initiative and self-starting skills
- Able to work well with crew and guests, sometimes under stressful and difficult situations
- At least 2-4 years of experience booking guest segments at a significant broadcast.
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple bookings simultaneously
- Meticulous attention to quality, detail, and project organization
- Must work well under daily deadline pressure while juggling long-term bookings
- Must demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills
- Bachelor's Degree in film, or related field, or equivalent professional experience
Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN) is the leader in faith-based television programming. We combine creativity and data to fulfill our mission of reaching as many people as we can with the life-changing Gospel of Jesus Christ. We have over thirty 24-hour television foreign partner networks reaching every part of the globe. TBN is a workplace committed to creating an environment where people can play a vital role in impacting the world and doing some of the best work of their careers.