About The Position
TBN is looking for an OTT Platforms Specialist that is creative at heart and has experience from the digital media industry to join our growing OTT team in DFW TX. The OTT Platforms Specialist will assist in the daily operations of TBN’s Over the Top (OTT) platforms which include The TBN App, Positiv (Movie channel), TBN’s FAST channels, and international digital networks. The position’s responsibilities include platform UX, platform quality control, and serving as a liaison between multiple developers. This position will report to the OTT Platforms Manager.
You will join the growing Digital Platforms team of 25+ professionals spearheading all digital media projects within TBN. The team is full of multi-talented emerging leaders and producers who are focused on all things digital. Platforms under this team’s management include OTTs (AVOD & SVOD), Mobile Apps, YouTube Channels, Podcasts, TikTok accounts, and new media ventures that focus on online growth, revenue generation, and missional outcomes.
The ideal candidate has a digital-first approach to distribution of video content, is incredibly detail-oriented, and can easily navigate CMS and MAM (Media Asset Management) systems.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Understand playlist creation, sorting, and functionality on TBN’s OTT platforms.
- Adopt a viewer-centric approach of the user experience by identifying, analyzing, and prioritizing user needs.
- Maintain and develop searchable standards for video metadata.
- Develop and improve video ingest processes.
- Field and research solutions to resolve user issues on the platforms.
- Ongoing performance reports.
- Ensuring timely distribution of content that align with the ministry goals, brand voice, and creative vision of TBN.
Qualifications And Requirements
- Firm knowledge of the VOD/OTT/CTV landscape.
- Working knowledge of OTT/CTV Advertising technology such as SSAI, CSAI and SSPs.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate with a variety of personalities.
- Understanding of the development process and the ability to communicate to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Expert time and project management skills to handle multiple products and complete complex jobs under deadline pressure.
- Strong ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment while maintaining professionalism and efficiency.
- Strong knowledge of asset management systems and broadcast/web video codecs.
- Ability to analyze and apply viewer engagement insights.
- Basic understanding of coding and API calls.
- Meticulous attention to quality, detail, and project organization.
- 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience uploading content to video platforms (i.e. YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) is a plus.
- Technical and creative insights within the entire video production process.
- Appreciation of, and familiarity with, TBN’s content and programming.
- Understanding of the agile development process and JIRA is a plus.
- Familiarity with best practices for SEO and content discoverability is a plus.
- Experience working with AVOD and/or SVOD platforms is a plus.
- Experience working in Christian media is a plus.
- Working knowledge of digital rights management is a plus.
- Cover Letter