Responsible for the weekly show and promo assets and proper delivery of those assets, and other duties as assigned by Line Producer related to weekly show preparation necessary to successfully produce and deliver the “Huckabee” show for the Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN) from the Hendersonville/Nashville, Tennessee studios.
The Producer is responsible for weekly scheduled duties that relate to the show’s promotion and delivery, and acts as chief communicator between the Line Producer and other various departments within the organization.
Duties and Tasks:
- Constructs bio pages for each booked guest on the Huckabee website.
- Creates weekly promo one-sheet with guest information to deliver to the TBN promo department.
- Responsible for the scripting, production and delivery of the weekly promo video
- Responsible for creation and delivery of Electronic Press Guides to TBN’s EPG department.
- Coordinates with director and editors to manage the day-to-day pre-production needs of the program ensuring that elements are ready well in advance of show time.
- Works closely with the director and line producer to ensure that all departments (Control room, audio, lighting, stage, band, facilities, audience) are properly informed regarding guests and visuals needed so Production can provide appropriate oversight to meet show day deadlines, including communication/all information re: early segment taping/inbounds, etc.
- Works on the stage or in the control room during the recording to ensure that the host and guests are prepared for all planned segments.
- Be willing to work Saturdays as needed to oversee and support final pass and delivery of weekly show to both TBN and NEWSMAX.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrated 3+ years of network level coordinating/producing.
- Prior experience with live or live to recorded programming
- Understands the production and post-production processes and able to make relevant decisions based on the resources of the facilities and/or staff.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Works closely with the Editor, Graphics Department, and Line Producer of the program to implement their vision or preferences for each program.
- Demonstrated experience as a team leader with high EQ (Emotional Intelligence).
- Able to assess unexpected situations quickly and implement a viable or alternative plan of action.
- Experience with conceptualizing graphics (with editors and/or graphic designers).
- Willing to be flexible with personal schedule to obtain or create the best possible content for the program.
- A good understanding of the Christian community and sensitive to content that may not be appropriate for the TBN audience.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Line Producer