We are looking for a talented, self-starting, creative editor with a dedication to design and story to join our news editing team at our facility in Dallas, TX. Primary responsibilities will be to gather and assemble b-roll strings, creatively edit packages, and deliver assets to the control room for our daily commentary program. Strong ability to work in a high-stress, fast-paced daily TV environment while maintaining production standards and efficiency will be imperative to this role. Extra plus if you are experienced with creating animated infographics for large set monitors. Not a remote position, in-office presence required.
NOTE: This role requires flexibility with working all shift schedules; as they need to be available on a rotating schedule, based on the needs of the business. Varying schedules include: 7am-4pm, 11pm-7pm
- 4-6 years of professional video editing experience.
- Expert working knowledge of Adobe Premiere and Adobe Aer Effects.
- Passion for creating news content and staying informed on news topics.
- Experience with layering effects and graphics.
- Expert time management skills to complete multiple video packages under deadline pressure.
- Meticulous attention to quality, detail, and project organization.
- Great working knowledge of finishing, formats, frame rates and codecs.
- Sufficient grammar and spelling is a must.
- Bachelor's Degree with a major in Television or Film production or 5+ years related experience (e.g., a television network, network affiliate, major film studio, production company or advertising agency) and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Solid technical background in post-production is an absolute requirement. Must have thorough knowledge of linear and nonlinear editing techniques, audio pre-lay and mixing methodologies and media file formats, animated graphics, other miscellaneous equipment used in the day-to-day post-production process.
- A detailed understanding of file-based post-production workflows is required.
Please provide samples of work that demonstrate creative editorial with strong music, sound design, and graphic sensibilities. Include samples of multi-cam editing if available. We will not consider any resumes without provided sample work.