The Broadcast Traffic Coordinator traffics a high volume of media from creative agency to vendors, with a focus on and expertise with media traffic within the television/movie/entertainment industry.
The Traffic Coordinator reports to the Operations Manager but must operate autonomously and exercise independent judgment in determining deadlines and priorities.
- Create and Distribute Traffic logs for Multiple National & International Networks as well as many affiliate stations.
- Primary contact for assigned client or business – involves heavy client contact.
- Manages a high volume of ISCI assignments, production schedules and changes.
- Troubleshoots and problem solving for the client – picks up any inconsistencies and ensures they are resolved quickly and correctly.
- Has full knowledge of client’s business and maintains reference files for Traffic.
- Pulls daily traffic reports from DDS (Digital Distribution Service) and monitors buy activity.
- Generates traffic instructions and shipping materials.
- Receives commercial production status information from client creatives.
- Receives specs from media groups.
- In direct communication w/ buyers on units purchased and in system – if last minute, these situations may require issuance of manual instructions.
- Works directly with digital transfers from vendors and in house – issues purchase orders, provides ship lists.
- Receives commercial rotation/copy instructions from clients.
- Responsible for confirmation receipts on both traffic instructions and commercial material delivery.
- Issues copies of traffic instructions and purchase orders to client.
- Works with buyers to resolve discrepancies on vendor invoices post-air.
- Handles issues related to clients that fall within his/her assigned client list and operates independently.
- Maintains solid working relationships with other department managers that directly affect Traffic.
- Provides training, development, and guidance to junior level traffic staff.
- No less than 2 years’ experience in broadcast traffic.
- Traffic experience in television/movie/entertainment business.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, Myers ProHost/Protrack and Wide Orbit a plus.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain high level of attention to detail on all projects.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, work well under pressure with minimal supervision, and adapt on the fly to changing business demands.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills